Monday, March 31, 2014

Homesteading!



I am excited for Spring. It is no secret that I love, almost obnoxiously, the winter. I love snow. Snow days, cold lil people noses, sledding, and hot cocoa. But, ya'll I am over it. 

It is time for spring.  

It is time for the thaw. 

We are moving! Going back home, but not quite. Closer to my parents and out of this small little city. We are going to start our homesteading journey! 

Now I will be able to tell you all the fun stories as we learn how to homestead. By homestead I mean gardening, chicken hugging, goat shenanigans, and children playing. 

We are on a new journey and I hope you come along for the ride. 

First order of business? Order chickens. <3 I cannot even believe this is my life, our life. sigh. 







1 comment:

  1. I'd advise against a rooster until your kiddos are older. We had one nasty one who used to love to attach us littler kids and peck at our bellies. That was until my momma came to the rescue with an axe one day!
    Are you going to let them free range?

    ReplyDelete