Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Top Three Things I Better Figure Out and Quick... ha.




1) How to homestead. ha. I know it is so funny that I say that because my dream has been to be a homesteader for so long, but I dont know if I ever really believed it would happen. ***Believe in your dreams people***

2) My chickens will be here in May. I have ordered 13. They need names. Who wants to help me name them?

3) When do you start planting gardens in the great northeast. Grandma Oeser will tell you  "when the soil is warm enough to sit your bare bottom down on"- Guess I am going to need a farmers almanac because there is no way this fanny is going down like that.

Ok, back to moving. sigh.




3 comments:

  1. You are so deserving to have your prayers answered. And I am so happy to be able to see them answered, as your friend. There is nothing morre awesome than seeing God in action blessing His children <3
    Could you please name one chicken Ruth? She is my heroine. Plus, she gleaned fields. How appropriate is that? And I am sure if you end up with a rooster, she will make him one happy fellow. lol
    I always started seeds inside in egg crates and use plastic bottles as mini greenhouses and planted around Memorial Day weekend. If it seems too cool at night, I would wait a weekend or too. As long as you dont see a risk of frost in the forecast, you should be fine planting then.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I will name one chick Ruth for sure! <3 Thank you Jess. I appreciate the gardening tip too! <3 ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely start your seeds inside now. Don't put outside before Memorial weekend. Then go by the weather and your instinct. If it is still a bit too cool then wait another week or 2.

    ReplyDelete