Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Blog, New Roles


This clip in Field of Dreams came to mind recently when I was talking with someone about the roles we have in life. In this clip, the young baseball player must make the decision to either stay young and play the game he loves or step off the field to his role as Doctor and do what is right- save the girl from choking to death.

The choice as a viewer seems so easy to make.  Of course, you choose to save the girl. Everyday in our lives though the choices of which role we must take are not so easily laid out.  As a Mom of five, the roles I have are many. Add to that a full time job, photography, various community groups and well, the role I play is never always just one. I can and do function in many 'different' roles all at once. I suppose that is life in the fast lane.

I began this blog a year ago. Wait, by begin, I mean I purchased the name chasinglauraingalls.com and knew that I would eventually focus on it.  My heart has always been that I would write on this blog when I was ready to re-focus my life on a more back to basics type lifestyle. My hope is that Chasing Laura Ingalls will capture my heart cry towards a simpler life. One that is presently aware and focused more on family, parenting, and all the fun stuff like my crazy life in between.

I hope you will stick by me and read as I share this new chapter in life.

Choose to love recklessly and be blessed wildly,
Wendy xo









No comments:

Post a Comment