Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Who Are You Hearing?


Photo taken at Auriesville Shrine, NY 2012



You know the familiarity of a voice of someone that you know, that you have a relationship with? You know it is them without having to second guess it. You have spent so much time with them that you would bet your life on it that even without seeing them you would recognize their voice. 

I am a slacker a lot when it comes to spending time with God. I make all the same excuses that you might. I am busy, I have five kids, I have this and that and this and that going on. This verse reminded me of what being in a relationship looks like. Knowing the other person so well there is no doubt who they are when they call your name.  Imagine being in a relationship and being like yeah, I love you, you are my all in all and yet, not spending anytime with that person? Imagine what that would do for the relationship? Recently, someone dear told me this most valuable bit of advice, there is no relationship without well, relationship. 


Sometimes, I question whether or not I am hearing from God. I wonder is this You, or maybe this is me?  I realize the more I pour myself into a relationship with Him and get in His word and really seek Him, the more I am confident knowing it is His voice.  


As we all begin our New Year, we get energy based of the fresh start, new beginnings. Many people focus on God and set all these goals and resolutions based on how much of the bible we are going to read in a year. The focus becomes more on the task of reading vs. the relationship.  By the end of January, the momentum is gone~ similar to the honeymoon stage being over and we begin making excuses as to why we do not have time.  Really? No time, for what we profess as being the most important relationship in our lives? Then we wonder why our lives become more of a mess and then throw our fists in the air demanding "God, where are you? why can't I hear you?" When we were the one's with the adulterous hearts and behaviors, walking away from Him, NOT the other way around. 

This year, as I take a stand and re-focus my life on back to basics, I am choosing to be more aware of my relationship with Him.  Spending time with Him- not because it's on my feel good, warm fuzzy checklist, but because I desire to have relationship with Him and always know for sure it is His voice. 

Choose to love recklessly and be blessed wildly, 
Wendy 


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Wendy! ~

    Congratulations on your new blog site! I look forward to following you!

    Curious as to how you came up with the Laura Ingalls theme -- are you in MN? That's where I am ;-)

    One way I stay in constant touch with God and enjoy daily conversation in an easy & relaxed manner is through my vision board. Of course, I also read the Bible and other spiritual literature, pray & meditate, but my vision board is a fun and practical way to stay in constant touch with My Beloved Creator.

    If you are interested in learning more check this out: http://www.dangerouslinda.com/2141

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thank you so much for commenting. <3 For a year I have had this space and just not ready to make the shift. Laura Ingalls is this gentle sweet reminder of my childhood and where my life was the most basic. I want to offer my children that life while mixing in today. If that makes any sense.
      I will be definitely checking out yoru vision board because I love visual direction! <3
      -xoxoxo wendy

      Delete